Do you wake up in the morning with jaw pain? Or feel soreness or tightness when you are enjoying some of your favorite foods? Take this dental quiz and find out if you may be impacted by malocclusion or a bite issue.
1. Do you have dental or jaw pain?
2. Do you have crooked or protruding teeth?
3. Are you impacted by pain when you chew food?
4. Do you often bite your cheek?
5. Do you notice teeth that feel loose or are mobile?
6. Do you often choke when eating meat or other chewy foods?
7. Do you grind your teeth?
8. Do you feel that you bite unevenly?
Malocclusion or bite issues can range from mild to severe problems. Mild cases may not cause extreme pain but Dr. Strutz and her team encourage you to have the problem looked at even if you do not think it is a problem as over time this can be impact your daily life.
Malocclusion is common and severe cases can lead to malnutrition, choking or unhappiness as you live in constant pain consuming foods that do not bother your jaw instead of enjoying the foods you love. Teeth that are not aligned correctly can also lead to problems with decay as they are more difficult to clean than properly aligned teeth.
Dr. Judy Strutz and her team encourage you to schedule a consultation if you have any of these symptoms, or if you have jaw pain.