A healthy and beautiful smile is a great way to start off the New Year. How do you get there? It can be difficult with all of the different products and commercials out there to determine the best ways to really have the smile you want.
1. Brush regularly. This is nothing new. You have probably been hearing this since you were a small child. There is no other way to remove food from the surface of the teeth but to brush and remove food from the enamel.
2. Floss. Flossing regularly means that you do not have food build up on your gums.
Build- up the gums can cause bleeding, inflammation and more severe problems later on such as periodontal disease.
3. Consume healthy fruits and vegetables. Food that has a higher quantity of water in it helps to remove food from the surface of the teeth. When you consume vegetables and fruits it rinses the teeth so that food does not stay stuck on the enamel.
4. Decrease the amount of carbohydrates. Carbohydrates are a sticky substance that sticks to the enamel.
5. Visit the cosmetic dentist to take care of any problems. While a crack, broken or missing tooth might seem like a very small problem. It is actually a problem that can get out of hand if not taken care of.
Your smile can last a lifetime when it is taken care of. For more information on how to keep your smile healthy, contact Dr. Strutz and her team today.