It can be difficult to really know how to protect your smile with so much information floating around out there. Do you often wonder if you are making the right decisions? It is easy when we are busy to reach for food and drinks that are damaging to your smile or to skip the six-month dental appointment. It takes work to keep your smile healthy.
Here are 5 things you should avoid in order to keep your smile in great shape.
1. Avoid eating ice. Ice can damage the teeth causing cracked or broken teeth. Your teeth may also become sensitive to hot and cold foods and drinks.
2. Don’t skip brushing and flossing. It is imperative to keep your smile healthy by brushing and flossing regularly.
3. Avoid eating large amounts of carbs that stick to your teeth. The longer that food is on the surface of your teeth, the more likely you are to end up with cavities or decay and other problems.
4. Kick that soda habit. The high sugar and acid content can cause problems for the enamel of your teeth. This can lead to decay, which can then lead to more difficult problems with your smile.
5. Visit the dentist regularly. Problems that arise can be taken care of when you visit the dentist early instead of waiting too long. Also, dental visits help keep your smile healthy so you can avoid dental pain and other problems.
For more information on how to keep your smile in great shape, contact Dr. Strutz and her team.