Have you looked in the mirror lately to notice your smile is looking less than healthy? Do you brush and floss only to still have bad breath? Or does your tongue feel thick and coated with a thick film? Your smile may be telling you it is time to change your habits, do not ignore it. Here are 7 signs and symptoms that may be your mouth telling you it is time to visit your prosthodontist.
- Bad breath. This is not always caused by the food you eat. It can be due to decay or bacteria.
- Stained teeth. Coffee stains may be normal but thick, yellow stains on your teeth can be plaque and can lead to periodontal disease.
- Bleeding gums when you brush. This is never normal. It may be early signs of gingivitis or periodontal disease.
- Puffy or red gums. This can be a sign of infection. Early treatment can reduce your chances of bone loss and eventual tooth loss.
- Cracked or broken teeth. Cracked or broken teeth can lead to jaw pain due to misalignment. When you are chewing and there is a broken or cracked tooth you may be compensating by eating on the other side. This can lead to overuse of your jaw on that side.
- Jaw pain is a sign something is not in alignment. It may be because of the way your teeth are fitting together.
- Taking a lot of medication? Those who are taking a number of different prescription drugs are at greater risk for dry mouth and the trouble that can cause. Another good reason to be seen on a regular basis.
For more information on restoring your smile, contact Dr. Judy Strutz and her team today.