There is no easy way to put this; the carbs and sugar in the foods we consume for the traditional Thanksgiving festivities can wreak havoc on your smile. This year take care of your teeth with these 5 easy tips.
- Don’t eat late in the evening. If you are going to have a later dinner stick to the lower carbohydrate items, skip the dessert and eat some vegetables. This will ensure that sugar doesn’t stick to the surface of your teeth.
- Brush your teeth after eating. The sooner you brush the better because it will remove any food build-up from sticking to your teeth.
- Drink at least a glass or two of water. Water is not only great for your body, but it helps keep your smile in great shape.
- Don’t skip the floss. There is no other way to protect your gums from Turkey, Green Bean Casserole, Rolls and stuffing. Ensure you get all of the food out between your teeth to decrease the risk of problems later on.
- Chew a piece of sugar-free gum. This is not only a great way to help you not to keep snacking after dinner is cleared but it can also help to remove any food that may still be on your teeth.
Thanksgiving meals are great for family time, friends, games, and fun. Keep from having dental problems after the event. For more information on keeping your smile healthy through the holidays, Contact Dr. Judy Strutz and her team.