Your dental implants are very important. You spent time on improving your smile and the last thing you want is to mess them up. Take time to read these 5 tips to keep your implants looking as good as the first day you received them.
1. Brush and floss regularly. Implants are similar to your real teeth. They require you to take care of them as if you would your regular teeth. Brushing and flossing regularly is key.
2. Use a soft bristle toothbrush when you first get them done. This can ensure you are removing food from the surface of the teeth.
3. Schedule and keep your regular visits with Dr. Judy Strutz. In order to make sure your implants and remaining teeth healthy, keep your scheduled visits. This will allow Dr. Strutz to quickly identify and potential problems
4. You will not get cavities with implants, but they can develop the same wear and tear as your natural teeth, so do not use them as ‘tools’ to cut through thread, or to open containers.
5. Get problems fixed as soon as they arise. Don’t wait to schedule an appointment if you have a problem with your implant. The longer you wait the more problems you may begin to develop.
For more information on how to keep your implants in great shape, contact Dr. Strutz and her team.