Permanent dentures can be a great solution to improving the look of your smile. Taking time to ensure you have all the facts to keep them looking good is critical. Here are 5 tips to keeping your permanent dentures looking fantastic.
1. Brush and floss regularly. There is nothing more you can do than starting with great dental hygiene. Making sure to remove food from your permanent dentures can ensure there is no permanent damage done to them.
2. Visit the dentist regularly. Visiting your dental team regularly helps to keep your denture looking and fitting its best.
3. Avoid stain–causing foods when possible such as wine, coffee or tea. However, if you do consume these types of drinks it is recommended that you brush your teeth soon after.
4. Ask questions about after care with your permanent dentures. Don’t take chances with your permanent dentures, make sure you talk to your dentist and ensure you know if there are any things you need to avoid or ways to take care of your smile.
5. Don’t consume non-food items. Items that are non-food can cause a crack or chip in a tooth.
For more information on getting permanent dentures or taking care of them, contact Dr. Judy Strutz and her team today.