If you have to have major dental work completed it can be nerve racking. Having to visit the prosthodontist who is going to complete a denture, fix a broken or cracked tooth, or complete major dental repairs to get your smile back on track can bring some people to their knees. Here are 5 tips to reduce your dental anxiety prior to your visit.
1. Start by letting Dr. Judy Strutz and her team know you struggle with dental anxiety. They can help walk you through the procedure, provide you support and ensure you feel comfortable prior to any work being completed.
2. Ask questions. There are no dumb questions and asking anything you need to know can help naturally relax you and decrease your dental anxiety.
3. Practice deep breathing routines prior to your visit. Deep breathing can help to relax your body and keep you calm when you begin to feel anxious.
4. Visualize yourself with your new smile and sharing it with your friends and family. Visualization exercises are proven to help improve your current mood and decrease stress.
5. Do something you love prior to your visit and that relaxes you. This may be yoga, reading a great book, or going for a run. Whatever that is, enjoy!
For more information on how to decrease dental anxiety and improve your smile, contact Dr. Judy Strutz and her team.