There are so many options when it comes to finding a cosmetic dentist that is going to help you get the smile you are looking for. How do you find the right one? Here are 5 tips to finding a cosmetic dentist that will improve your smile.
1. Do they have patient reviews? You want to find someone that other patients trust. Check for google, yelp or facebook reviews. Most dental websites will also include reviews from patients. These will give you a great idea of what to expect before you schedule your first appointment.
2. Do they have experience and before and after photos of other patients you can look at? By having other patient’s stories, it can help you to find a cosmetic dentist that does the type of work you are looking for. Some dental offices showcase the photos of work done by other dentists and not themselves. Make sure to ask if these are ‘actual’ patient photos and don’t assume they are.
3. Do they have dental experience in the cosmetic dental procedure you are looking for? While some of the procedures may seem as easy as 1, 2, 3, finding someone who is experienced can mean the difference between loving your smile and having to get it fixed again. Most general dentists have learned how to do cosmetic procedures in dental school, but that is a far cry from doing those same procedures on a regular basis out of dental school. A prosthodontist, however, is someone who is educated to deal with difficult and extensive cases on a regular basis and is many times the best bet for helping you get the cosmetic smile you are wanting.
4. Do they have financial options to help? A number of cosmetic dental procedures are not covered under dental insurance plans, or if significant damage is being reversed, may maximize your yearly benefit, so, do they have a financial plan that can help you or a way to prioritize your goals?
5. Is the office comfortable and do you trust the team? You should always feel comfortable in the office that you choose and feel that there is a team you can talk to and who can meet your needs.
For more information or to schedule a cosmetic consult, contact Dr. Judy Strutz and her team!