It may be the last thing you think of after a crazy busy day or in the morning when you are trying to get ready for your day, but keeping these 5 rules at the forefront of your brain can change your dental routine to improve the health of your smile.
1. Always brush your teeth at least 2x a day. Your teeth deserve to be free of food debris getting in their way. You are really only committing to 4 minutes a day to this routine. You can do anything for 4 minutes a day.
2. Floss isn’t recommended because you dentist is trying to trick you into spending 2.00 dollars on floss. It is relying the only way to keep your gums looking fantastic.
3. Show it off. Your teeth work hard every day for you. Don’t hide them behind your lips, sharing your toothy smile more not only improves your mood but it also improves the day for others around you.
4. Think about your teeth throughout the day and reward them by drinking water. Water helps to rinse leftovers from your teeth so you don’t get embarrassed when you smile in that business meeting with lettuce stuck to your teeth.
5. Schedule and keep you dentist appointments. Your smile would like to be out friends too, but your regular dental commitments are a sure way to keep your smile looking awesome in order to do that.
Your teeth are really designed to last a lifetime, don’t cut their life short with unhealthy dental habits. For more information on improving your smile, contact Dr. Judy Strutz and her team.