You may think that one missing tooth is no big deal, but Dr.Judy Strutz recommends if you have a missing tooth that you seek guidance. One missing tooth can cause problems that lead to major dental issues, which could then end up costing you more money and more time. Here are 6 dangers of having a missing tooth.
1. If you are losing a tooth due to decay. Once the crown, or the portion of tooth that is above the gum tissue of the tooth is missing, the decay is still there and it can spread to other teeth, causing you to lose more.
2. Studies have shown, once you have a single missing tooth, it is more likely that you will lose up to five more.
3. Once you have a single missing tooth other teeth will begin to shift in position. As they shift they can cause you to look much older than you really are.
4. Missing teeth can inhibit you from eating the healthy foods you enjoy. Eating healthy can improve your overall physical health and also improve your overall smile.
5. Employers analyze your smile when you interview for a new position. Unfortunately, they admit that is one of the first things they look at. If you are missing teeth you may also be missing out on opportunities.
6. Missing teeth can decrease your overall health. If you lost your tooth due to periodontal disease, know that the infection in your mouth may impact other organs. This inflammation and disease can then cause problems with your liver, heart and gall bladder.
For amazing cosmetic options to improve your smile, contact Dr. Judy Strutz and her team today.