There are plenty of dental habits that you can engage in that can cause long and short term problems for your smile. Biting on your nails or using your teeth as tools can do damage that can impact your teeth and gums. Not brushing or flossing can cause cavities, decay and, eventually, missing or cracked teeth. Dr. Judy Strutz recommends these 7 healthy habits in order to keep your smile ready for a lifetime.
1. Eat healthy. Eight fruits and vegetables a day can keep your smile in great standing.
2. Eight glasses of water a day. It is important to keep your mouth moist throughout the day.
3. Brushing 2x a day because there is no other way to remove food from the surface of the teeth.
4. Flossing at least 1x a day can keep periodontal disease from impacting your smile.
5. Visiting the dentist regularly can ward off any problems that may be impacting your smile.
6. Getting cracked, broken or missing teeth taken care of right away decreases the chance of the problem getting worse.
7. Avoiding sodas and other drinks that are high in sugar decrease your chances of negatively impacting the enamel on your teeth.
For more information on how to keep your smile healthy, contact Dr. Strutz and her team today.