There are hundreds of items that can negatively impact your smile throughout your day and at night. You have bacteria that regularly hangs out in your mouth. But if they are allowed to go rampant without brushing or flossing, it may negatively impact your smile for a lifetime. As important as brushing and flossing is, eating healthy and avoiding certain beverages can help ensure your smile stays healthy for a lifetime. Here are 5 other tips that can keep your smile bright and healthy.
1. Visit your dentist on a regular basis. If you are impacted by periodontal disease make sure you visit your dentist on a regular basis for hygiene cleanings.
2. Brush your teeth when you wake up and before you go to bed. Use gentle round circles, for at least 2 minutes. Don’t forget to brush each surface of your teeth.
3. Avoid eating foods that are high in sugar especially if you are not going to brush for a while. The longer that sugar stays on your teeth the more opportunity there is for cavities and other problems to occur.
4. Get missing and broken teeth fixed as soon as possible. When you have missing teeth, your other teeth can shift, causing problems with your jaw.
5. Don’t forget the mouthwash. Mouthwash isn’t just to keep your breath fresh, it helps to decrease the risk of bacteria in your mouth.
For more information on keeping your smile healthy, contact Dr. Judy Strutz and her team.