Your teeth are made of the hardest substance in the body. When they are taken care of with proper dental care, they can last a lifetime. Brushing, flossing, regular check-ups and routine dental procedures can keep you away from major dental repairs and keep you living with a smile that, “Wows” your family every day. Here are 5 habits you may not have heard about that can keep your smile on the up and up.
1. Prevent your mouth from getting dry. Drinking water infused with fruits or vegetables can keep your saliva going and keep your smile in great shape.
2. Grinding leaves your teeth vulnerable to cracks and other damage.
3. Eating foods high in acid. The acid can cause your teeth to be susceptible to decay and other dental problems.
4. Playing sports without a mouth guard. It is easy to knock out a tooth or chip a tooth when playing high contact sports without a proper mouth guard. Getting one that is picked out and created just for you is the best way to keep your smile amazing.
5. Chewing on pen and pencils. Chewing on things other than food can crack or chip a tooth.
Your smile is critical to keep your life balanced and healthy. Don’t waste time with habits that can damage your smile. For more information on improving your smile, contact Dr. Judy Strutz and her team.