Have you seen someone who had teeth that had stains on them or had teeth that are different lengths, but then a few weeks later you see them and they have a brand-new smile? Many times that is the secret of what dental veneers can do. There may be a variety of reasons why your smile has dental damage, but here are 6 things you need to know about veneers if you are considering this as an option to improve your smile.
1. They do not replace missing teeth. Veneers are not stand alone and cannot replace any missing teeth.
2. You have to have a partial part of your tooth in order for veneers to work.
3. Veneers fit on the front of your teeth and are secured to your tooth.
4. The enamel on the tooth may be trimmed down in order to place the veneer on the tooth without increasing the thickness of the teeth. You do not want to have the width of the teeth increased too much as it will look unnatural when the veneers are secured.
5. If you have dental decay, Dr. Strutz and her team will take care of this prior. You do not want to have dental decay left on the surface of the teeth.
6. Veneers are permanently fixed and can be treated like your natural teeth, but you do need to brush and floss once your dentist recommends it.
For more information about veneers contact, Dr. Strutz and her team today!