Do you have anxiety or nervousness when you have any dental work done? Or do you worry about major dental procedures that keep you up the night before your appointment? Dr. Judy Strutz and her team recommend these 6 tips to ensure that you have the best visit you can and leave you on the track to getting a cosmetically beautiful smile you love to share with the world.
1. Tell the team ahead of time if you struggle with dental anxiety. The more information they have the better.
2. Get a good night’s sleep and avoid extra caffeine on the day before your appointment.
3. Do relaxing exercises prior to your appointment including mediation or yoga.
4. Consume a healthy meal prior to your appointment that increases mood, such as peppers or watermelon.
5. Take time for you. Enjoy an activity that puts you in a great mood right before your appointment. This may include listening to calming music or taking time with friends.
6. Arrive a few minutes early to your appointment. You don’t want to feel rushed or late as this can increase your anxiety.
Dr. Judy Strutz and her team want to make sure you have the best visit you can and help you to achieve your smile goals. For more information on ensuring you have a great visit, contact Dr. Judy Strutz and her team.